My Catchphrases

Saturday 20 February 2010

Review: Betrayals by Lili St Crow



Synopsis:
The second novel in the Strange Angels series picks up with Dru neatly tucked away in a Schola that's more like a prison than a secret training facility. Except for one tiny detail ...she's the only girl in the place and is totally surrounded by tons of cute boys. But a traitor in the Order wants Dru dead and she can't trust anyone except for Graves. Too bad he's being kept busy with a new crew of wulfen teens and doesn't have time for her. As she learns the truth about who she can and can't trust, Dru's only hope may be to save herself - although the one gift that makes her special is draining away, and she doesn't know how to get it back. Will Dru survive long enough to find out who is really after her? Or is she destined for the same fate as her murdered parents?



Review:
I really, really wanted some answers in the second installment of Strange Angels (review HERE) , did I get them, disappointingly NO!

There is a lot of repetition throughout this book, it rehashes the events of the first book quite a bit, making it really unnecessary to read the first book, (in my opinion) it is quite easy to pick up the threads of the plot and storyline with the constant references back to previous occurrences.

The only character  that seemed to develop within this book was that of Graves, I felt he really matured as a character without losing his depth. I found Chris to have had a complete personality change, which was disconcerting, confusing and sometimes creepy (or am I missing the point and that is how he is supposed to be portrayed) and I really did not understand the need for the Russian quotes. Nothing is referred to within the book as to why Chris has started to speak in Russian.

Again there is a lot of action scenes, but I did feel this was just dragging the story out rather than building the tension in the plot.

I  do think that the basic storyline is excellent I just wish more of the plot was revealed rather than the repetition. On the whole I was left irritated that the second installment of Strange Angels has left me with more questions and not answered any from the previous book. I know I am going to have to keep reading the series just to get my answers but I cant honestly say that I am excited about it.

Sorry and it is only my opinion, like I said I think the basic storyline is terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Very Own World kit by Irene Alexeeva