My Catchphrases

Saturday 27 November 2010

Saturday Spotlight: Thanksgiving


I know we don't really celebrate Thanksgiving in this country - missing out on some really awesome food. When I first started blogging way back in January, lol, I noticed a meme about Thanksgiving just to as a chance to say the things we are grateful for. I loved the idea so much that I made a note to do it actually at Thanksgiving and here we are. Prepare for gushing [ ; ) ]

Let me start by giving some background about how difficult this year has been for my family. My husband has now been unemployed for nearly two years, money is very tight. My children have had to change schools not once but twice. Initially due to an absolutely horrid Cover Teacher that bullied my oldest daughter. It was only months later that we discovered the full extent of the bullying, my daughter is still petrified to see her even when we are out. The quick decision regarding the school we placed them in was based on reputation and choice of Secondary School, unfortunately they placed more emphasis on wealth and material possessions than actually teaching the children to be kind and considerate. So the first thing I am truly grateful for as well as having my girls is finding a nice school for them where they are nurtured and encouraged.

The next major difference this year for which I am extremely grateful is my blog. I do love it, am a little bit obsessed with it but it is my outlet through it I have made some awesome friends, who I will thank individually. Most of all I need to thank Clover from Fluttering Butterflies for becoming my book swapping buddy and encourage me to give blogging a try. Thank you so much you are truly awesome. She has also introduced me to Nerdfighters which gives me my favourite phrase DFTBA (Don't Forget To Be Awesome).
Thank you so much it has really changed my life [ : D ]

My wonderful blogger friends who talk to me on Twitter, make me feel better when I am having a bad day and share their books with me. You guys are awesome and I am very grateful to have you in my life.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Susan K Mann.


To Lynsey Newton for setting up UK Book Tours for being so absolutely lovely to me even when I have 5 tour books in my house. For not rushing me to read them and for being all round wonderful (I sign up for nearly everything, just so you know how much Lynsey has to put up with me) and for giving me the chance to read some of the most fantastic books. Plus she sent me great books for the library.

To Caroline at Portrait of a Woman - what can I say (preferably without blubbing) Your generosity has touched me; Caroline being able to attend some very fantastic book signings actually bought me books in order to get them signed for me. She is super supportive and sends me books for the library. You are one terrific person and don't you forget it.
Lauren from I was a Teenage Book Geek you are always been supportive, giving great advice and a wonderful font of knowledge you so kindly share.

Jenny from Wondrous Reads your blog is inspiring, you are a lovely person and amazing source of book, film, TV and music knowledge which you kindly share; not only have I discovered great books via your blog but some awesome music too. Not only that but Jenny has sent both me and the girlies some beautiful books and swag, we appreciate it.

Carla from The Crooked Shelf I totally love the way you express yourself; you cheer me up endlessly (even if you don't mean to) Thank you. Plus you now have me addicted to Augustana.


Dwayne from Girls Without a Bookshelf thank you for being one of my first followers and leaving me some truly beautiful comments.

Andrew from The Emancipation of Pewter Wolf your random chats and music recommendations brighten my day.

For all the other wonderful bloggers that I speak to regularly Tammy/Sarah/Jo/Naomi/Sarah (Green Bean)/Kristi/Sammee/Vicki this means you too, it would take an eternity to name you all individually but I am thankful we share the same passion for books and random chats. You guys totally rock. If I have forgotten anyone I apologise I don't mean to and chatting to you means a lot to me.
The authors that take the time to actually respond to the random tweets and reviews I put out. Thanks it means a lot. Special thanks to Keris Stainton, Luisa Plaja, Susie Day, Jennifer Laurens and Lacey Weatherford. Not only do you write awesome books you are totally awesome people. I am honoured to chat to you and share your books in the library [ : D ] I would never have imagined this time last year actually chatting to authors like 'normal' people.

Having this blog and finding such wonderful people has changed my life in a positive way. No I am not just saying it.

THANK YOU ALL

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. *hugs* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! What an absolutely fantastic post! You are a just wonderful and thank you for your lovely words *blushing*
    I agree, blogging changed my life as well and I really love it!! And I am definitely thankful that I got to "meet" you :D
    Let's hope we'll all continue :)
    DFTBA! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post! Thank YOU! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely post, made me feel all warm and fuzzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well aren't you just all peaches and cream!! I love it!! I have fun talking to you too! I hope someday to be able to meet all of you so we can have a "play date"! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww what a lovely post. I'm sorry you have had to go through such a tough year. I hope next year is better for you all. As you deserve all the happiness in the world. You are a truly wonderful person. I enjoy and cherish the friendship we have online. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, thank you!!!

    I love our random conversations!! Hopefully next year will be a better year for you and ur family and my positive thoughts are going out for J on the job front!

    I am shocked to read about the problems your girls have had with their schools and it makes me disgusted that teachers have abused their positions like that!! I really hope they are happy where they are now and don't have to go through that again!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Em - just so you know we adore you stacks upon stacks too. I always look forward to your posts and so enjoy chatting to you on twitter as well :) Here's to more fabulous conversations, good books and a better year next year all around. Your incredibly optimism is nothing short of inspiring. So glad your girls are happy now. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet post! And thanks to you too for *never* forgetting to be awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful, wonderful post :) You must know that I heart you as well and I'm thrilled that you gave blogging a try! I have to say that blogging may have been my idea, but the credit is all yours. It was all YOU that made this blog awesome and you've made such GREAT friends in the blogging community and on twitter. So well done to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finally got to read this lovely post. Thank you! xxx

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Very Own World kit by Irene Alexeeva