My Catchphrases

Saturday 18 February 2012

Spotlight: Books I would Like to See Published in the UK


These are some of the books I would love available in the UK. Publisher and Publication Date details refer to the publication in the US.


Title: Bewitching
Series: The Kendra Chronicles
Author: Alex Flinn
Publisher: Harper Collins Childrens Book Group
Publication Date: 5 Mar 2012

Synopsis from Amazon

Kendra Hilferty, the witch who curses Kyle Kingsbury in Beastly, tells about her immortal existence how she discovered she was a witch and the various ways she has used her powers to help people throughout the centuries. (Unfortunately her attempts have often backfired.) As it turns out, Kendra has actually had a hand in "Hansel and Gretel," "The Princess and the Pea," and "The Little Mermaid" but these are not the fairy tales you think you know! Kendra s reminiscences are wrapped around a real-time version of "Cinderella," except the ugly stepsister is the good guy. With dark twists, hilarious turns, and unexpected endings, Bewitching is a contemporary read for fairy-tale lovers, fantasy fans, and anyone looking for more Alex Flinn.

I love fairy-tales re-told and this one just sounds so funny.I loved Beastly (Review HERE) so am curious to the witches back-story.



3 comments:

  1. Ive never read an Alex Flinn book but I really want to... I hope for your sake this one comes to the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this yesterday and thought it looked good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a book of Alex Flinn and I loved that one. I also love fairytales, so I want to read this one soooo badly!

    @thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Very Own World kit by Irene Alexeeva