My Catchphrases

Friday 18 May 2012

Mini-Review: Twisted Heart by Eden Maguire


Title: Twisted Heart
Series: Dark Angel #2
Author: Eden Maguire
Publisher: Hodder Children's
Publication Date: 3 Nov 2011
Source: Bought
Rating 2/5

Synopsis from Amazon

'We will all rise,' Zoran warned while all around him burned. 'There will be other times, other places - a million other willing souls!'

With a heart twisted by the lust for new lovers to destroy, new souls to connquer and a desire for revenge against Tania, the Dark Angel can take any shape, inhabit any body. He will lie low until the time is right.

The battle against the Dark Angel isn't over.

REVIEW

You may have noticed my rather low rating and wondered why I haven't classed this as a book break-up. The main reason for my low rating is that this book is just too similar to the first one in the series, Dark Angel (review HERE) The only thing different about it to the first book was the 'bad' guy. 

The setting was the same and the plot unfolded in the same way making the plot superfluous really. I was frustrated with Tania, she claims to love her boyfriend but is quite happy to snog whatever hot guy comes along at the drop of a hat. Saying that I am not ready to give up on the series just yet. I really enjoyed The Beautiful Dead series by the same author and have high hopes for the next book Broken Dream as the setting is completely different. Lets hoping that it restores my faith in the series. 

1 comment:

  1. I read the first book and I wasn't blown away by it, but I still wanted to read the next one. Seeing this.. I think I'm not going to read this one. I'm glad that you liked The beautiful dead series, because I recently bought the first book!

    Thanks for the honest mini review! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Very Own World kit by Irene Alexeeva