My Catchphrases

Monday 28 February 2011

MG Monday: Guest Review: Lily Alone by Jacqueline Wilson


Title: Lily Alone
Author: Jacqueline Wilson
Publisher: Doubleday Children's
Publication Date: 3 Feb 2011

Source: Publisher - Thank you





Synopsis: From Amazon
Lily isn't home ALONE - but she sort of wishes she was; looking after her three younger siblings is a lot of responsibility.

When Mum goes off on holiday with her new boyfriend and her step-dad fails to show up, Lily is determined to keep the family together and show they can cope without any grown-ups. But taking care of 6-year-old twins, her 3-year-old sister and the family's flat feels overwhelming and Lily is worried that school or social services might discover their situation and break up the family. What could be better than to take all the little ones for a camping adventure in the park? Plenty of space to run about, no carpet to vacuum, and surely no chance anyone will guess they're there . . .

Review:
I think Lily Alone is BRILLIANT.

My favourite part was when the kind man gave them an extra ice-cream with sauce on.

My favourite character was Lily because she tried hard to look after her brother and two sisters. I have two younger sisters so I know how it feels to help look after them but I wouldn't be able to do it on my own.

I didn't like it when Bliss had an accident which lead to the family being separated, I cried. I think Bliss's twin brother could be quite mean and stroppy.

I would really like it if Jacqueline Wilson would write another book to follow on from this one to show all the family together. That would make me really happy.

Thank you to asacheekymonkey Age 10 for writing this review.

3 comments:

  1. Now this is why I had girls! To groom them into writing book reviews for me! Your daughter writes beautifully. Is it wrong that I now want to read this book too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great review :)
    I stopped reading Wilson a while ago but this made me want to read this book!
    Also what a great trailer - I'm glad these are improving.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Very Own World kit by Irene Alexeeva