My Catchphrases

Monday 5 March 2012

MG Monday: Guest Mini-Review: On Stage in America by Dee Shulman


Series: My Totally Secret Diary
Author: Dee Shulman
Publisher: Red Fox
Publication Date: 2 Feb 2012

Synopsis from Goodreads

Polly Price is so embarrassed by her actor mother, who loves to draw attention to herself and hog the limelight. Now Polly's worst nightmare has come true as her mother heads to America to appear in a play and Polly has to go with her! Not only that, but she's forced to hang around with the young stars of the show, who aren't exactly lining up to be her friends. Read Polly's wonderfully funny diary as she records the mishaps and mayhem backstage, before all of a sudden the spotlight is on her!

GUEST REVIEW BY SEREN YEAR 5

This book is really funny, I really liked the diary style of it and all the illustrations they really helped the story. I laughed out loud through most of it much to my little sisters annoyance, lol. There are some real cringe worthy moments, a lot like X Factor.

I really liked Polly, she was so funny and kept going through all her adventures.

I cannot wait to read more of this series and am recommending it to all of my friends.


4 comments:

  1. It's brilliant to read this review! My daughter reviewed this book today too - it's on Chicklish now. She loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Seren, this book sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Review, I love the reference to how cringe-worthy X-factor is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great book! So nice to have a break from the darker-vampire-like books for our young readers!! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Very Own World kit by Irene Alexeeva