My Catchphrases

Monday 12 December 2011

MG Monday: Guest Mini Review: A Million Angels by Kate Maryon

Title: A Million Angels
Author: Kate Maryon
Publisher: Harper Collins Children's Books
Publication Date: 9 Jun 2011
Source: Library

Synopsis from Amazon

The sparkling new novel from the author of SHINE and GLITTER.

“We talk about everything, Dad and me.
About all the mysteries inside of us. About all our wonderings of the world.
But tomorrow my dad goes to war. Then what will I do?”

Jemima’s dad’s in the Army and he’s off to Afghanistan again for six whole months.
Her mum’s about to have another baby and hasn’t got the energy to worry about anything else.
Gran is staying to help out, but her head is filled with her own wartime memories.
So while Mima is sending Dad millions of guardian angels every night to keep him safe, who is looking out for her?

The third novel from Kate Maryon – a sparkling new voice for tween girls.

GUEST MINI REVIEW BY AMBER YEAR 6

The main story in this book is about Jemima, lots of things happen to Jemima within this book but I have been told I am not allowed to say what they are as it would spoil the story for other people. The main elements is that Jemima is bullied and how much she misses her father when he is away in the Army.

Jemima is an amazing character, really unique and she stood out the most for me in the story. I really connected with Jemima and felt sad at parts when she was sad.

I thought this this book was amazing and there was nothing at all I would change about it. I would recommend it to all my friends and am going to look for more books by this author as it was a brilliant book.  


2 comments:

  1. Brilliant review! Sounds like this one is a must read! Thanks amber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Amber, I've only just seen this and would just like to say thank you so much taking the time to read and review my book! And five stars is AMAZING! big smile on my face! I hope you like Shine and Glitter as much and hope you'll review my new book, A Sea of Stars, when it comes out in June. Lots of Love to you, Kate Maryon xxxx

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Very Own World kit by Irene Alexeeva