My Catchphrases

Thursday 1 December 2011

Spotlight: Children's Laureate for Wales


I was so pleased to see this news in my inbox. Taken from the press release:


On Tuesday 18 October, singer and TV personality Charlotte Church announced the first ever Young People’s Laureate for Wales as novelist Catherine Fisher.
The Young People’s Laureate is an entirely new post that looks to inspire the young people of Wales to get involved with reading and creative writing. It is not only the first of its kind in Wales; it’s also a first for the whole of the UK.

I, for one, cannot wait to see what happens next. 

This is what Catherine had to say about her appointment (Taken from her website):

It's a great honour to be named as the first Young People's Laureate for Wales. Wales is a country with an ancient literary heritage, and I'm pleased that literature for children and teenagers is now being recognized as an important part of that. I look forward to meeting and talking with a lot of avid readers during the year!



2 comments:

  1. That really is fab news. I really loved Incarceron - it's so different from anything else I've read. Catherine Fisher is a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read quite a few books by Catherine Fisher and I think she is a fabulous author. I am so pleased she has been chosen.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Very Own World kit by Irene Alexeeva