My Catchphrases

Saturday 28 August 2010

Saturday Spotlight: Music Links: Guest Post by Pewter Wolf


Chatting to @PewterWolf13 today on Twitter he sent me the links to his 2 awesome post. As this was the idea I was trying to convey this morning, but sounded like a complete donut trying to express it. He conveys it much more eloquently than I so, being lovely he said I could copy his posts onto my blog. *Happy Dances*

You should really check out his blog The Emancipation of the Pewter Wolf


So, who does what I do? As a reader, if you're reading a book and a song suddenly comes up on your iPod or on the radio (or you just think of it) and it suddenly becomes that book's Theme Song?

Cos I do that all the time. As a reader and as someone who writes. But I'm intrigued on what songs you thought of and to what books? Am curious, so I thought that if I name a few books and their "theme song", you guys would tell me some books you've read and their theme song?

Sounds fair, right?

So, here's a few of mine with the videos of songs under it (thanks YouTube!)

Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare = The Walk by Imogen Heap (well, most songs on her Speak For Yourself album are perfect for the books!)


Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater - It's called either Cold Fame or Cold Flame by Band of Skulls (The title varies, but on my iPod, it's called Cold Fame.)


If I Stay by Gayle Forman = Off I Go by Greg Laswell (I love this song a STUPID amount! I write to this song all the time!)


Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick = Your Guardian Angel by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.



Awesome right. Thank you so much Pewter Wolf for letting me share this. *Scuttles off to add more to her ipod*
There is also another updated post that I will be adding next week ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Very Own World kit by Irene Alexeeva