My Catchphrases

Monday 21 March 2011

World Poetry Day: Guest Poem: Written by the Super Cute Iffath @ Love Reading X


When I asked on Twitter if anyone would like to share a poem on my blog and for the read aloud session in the school library - the lovely Iffath of Love Reading X kindly offered to share one of her poems. this is the one I chose. Enjoy. Check out Iffath's blog here and remember she is only 14.

PURE INNOCENCE

She stares into the mirror,
watching it repeat
her every move
Wincing in pain,
her breath becoming
forceful.
The scarlet eyes
do not fool her-
they glisten in the moonlight
like nothing
she has ever seen before
But. She has seen them
before.
somewhere. nowhere.

Everywhere.

Every. Single. Time.

Haunting the pure innocence
in her faithless past
Her raw tears
stinging the violet patches
engraved on her skin
What is this ‘thing’
she has created?
loved.

Freed
and how can she stop it?
even though, deep down,
somewhere, she
knows it won’t-
can’t happen.

She steals a glance
from her, now, intricate
reflection
but her dreamy mood
overcomes her
as her-
eyelids
droop down,
almost,
peacefully.

2 comments:

  1. I love love love this poem. She is so talented. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem makes me wish I could write poems. Alas, I cannot... Unless you count limericks.. ;D This is such a great poem! :D

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Very Own World kit by Irene Alexeeva