My Catchphrases

Sunday 18 July 2010

In My Mailbox #10

Thanks to The Story Siren for hosting this wonderful meme every week : D


Some fantastic swaps. I have made friends with some really generous people through the swapping site. Thank you all again for your kindness : D

Ways to Live Forever by Sally Nicholls (recommended by Clover to save for when I need a good cry)
Doing It by Melvin Burgess (part of the Sex in Teen Lit book-list from Once Upon A Bookcase)


Won from Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton


I have taken this one into the library I will be working in from September. Going back to one of the interview questions about getting Boys into Books I thought this would appeal to boys. What do you think????


 From my awesome book buddy Clover. We regularly swap our books as we have such similar tastes - I will admit she is more diverse than I am ;) Plus she reads insanely fast, I have to keep track of her wish-list books to make sure I have what she wants : D Check out her IMM's to see what I sent her this week ;)


So another amazing book week for me. What did you get????

16 comments:

  1. You got The Named! I love the Guardians of Time trilogy. It really needs more love about the interwebs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theo Boone will definitely appeal to the boys. Actually it has a broad appeal I think but certainly boys will love it. I would love to hear more about your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved The Named...hope you do too! I'll be interested to see how Theo Boone goes down with the boys. After our discussion yesterday, My son actually read a book in one night...Bree Tanner :-0! I'll have him yet I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Theordore Boone on my wishlist, from the sounds of it I think it probably would appeal to boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shade and Ways to Live Forever are amazing! Lots of other fab books there too! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shade is really excellent - I was impressed with it on so many levels. You will love it! I have The Named but haven't gotten round to reading it yet - loved Old Magic by the same author so hopefully it will be just as good. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the boyfriend list is just hilarious it will make you hysterical! leaving paradise is wonderful course! and im currently reading shade you got quite a few books this week happy reading hun!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, you've got fabulous books this week. I so want to read Shade and Leaving Paradise. Can't wait to read your reviews on them. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some awesome books there. I really want to read the new Grisham. Leaving Paradise and Shade also sound great. I've been meaning to read both. I look forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome books this week! I am most envious of the jennifer lynn barnes titles as i've been wanting to read more of her older books. Like that john grisham cover!

    Here's my IMM post. Please stop by if you have time.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of some of these books. I think my wishlist/to-be-read pile just grew again. :) I hope you enjoy all of the books you received this week! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Theodore will definitely appeal to boys, and I think you'll like Doing It. It's very funny.

    Fab week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've read Tattoo but didn't read the sequel, so I'm interested to hear what you think of that. And I really want to read more Simone Elkeles, because I adored Perfect Chemistry (didn't everyone?). Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm. Hadn't really heard of the Jennifer Lyn Barnes books. After looking it up, I'm kind of on the fence about it. Will wait to see what you make of them.. :) Looks like some excellent books there!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Very Own World kit by Irene Alexeeva