My Catchphrases

Saturday 3 July 2010

Saturday Spotlight: Award

I have been toying with the idea of doing some features on the blog for awhile. Alongside my Monster Mondays featuring my children, I would like to do a Saturday Spotlight featuring all things bookish. I would love to interview people involved in all aspects of the book industry *bloggers, librarians, book sellers, publishers, anyone ;)* If you would like to be involved please email me at asamum@tiscali.co.uk and I will put together some questions for you. If you could specify which area of the book world you are in that would help me tailor the questions : D This may not be a weekly post it obviously depends on how many people email me, lol : D

For the first Saturday Spotlight I would like to post about an award I have been given *yay me* Blimey, I just noticed I have been given 2 different awards *squee*


Thank you so much to Lauren from I was a Teenage Book Geek for this award. Lauren is fantastic, she was one of my first followers when I was just dipping my toe into the ocean that is blogging : D Plus she leaves me lovely comments. Like I said she is fab : D

Rules:
1. Thank and link to the person who gave you the award - check : D
2. Pass the award onto 15 bloggers you've recently discovered and think are fantastic - see below
3. Contact said blogs and let them know they've won - check
4. State 7 things about yourself - see below

As I am relatively new to blogging myself it means that everyone is new to me, but here are a few of my favourites : D

 I could have probably added a few more : D
 
State 7 things about yourself : S
 
1.I really want to dye my hair purple :D
2. I have a thing for literary vampires : D
3. I'm 40 next year but in my head I am still 22 : D
4. I dream about books
5. I think I have a bit of an addiction problem to books *see the tale of book addiction*
6. I worry that I am secretly an emo :(
7. I usual have my nose stuck in a book with my ipod in my ears - my hubs thinks I am anti-social lol
 
The 2nd award:
 

Received from The Beaucoup Review. Thank you very much Ria.

The rules are pretty much the same as The Beautiful Blogger award so I won't bother listing 7 more things about myself : D With regard to the list of bloggers instead of putting new ones I would like to list a few people that whose blogs motivate me and inspire me : D

Fluttering Butterflies - without Clover I would never have started this blog. She is an awesome friend to have and a very versatile blogger. Thanks for all your support & encouragement Clover.

I was a Teenage Book Geek - see above. Thanks for all your support.

Wondrous Reads - Jenny has an awesome blog and a really lovely person. Her blog is something I aspire too : D Plus I covet her books ;)
 
The Crooked Shelf - Carla I love the way you write. You constantly make me giggle thanks : D
 
Girls Without a Bookshelf - Dwayne thanks for supporting me from the beginning and letting me be part of your Book Tour : D
 
Don't forget if you would like to be part of Saturday Spotlight please email me : D *crosses fingers*

5 comments:

  1. Thank you! I am so pleased - you've made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks for those sweet words and the award. And big congrats on the other award yourself. You deserve 'em. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Emma, there's nothing to thank me for. You're so sweet :) Now I have to remember to do my award post as well. You're great as always, reminding me what I need to do lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thanks E! You are awesome too and I love your blog :) xo

    (Yay for vampires and emo!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. What lovely things you said. Thank YOU. I love reading your blog and being your friend. I'm glad that I helped in some way (though, I really don't think I did!) but OK. Also, I don't mind being part of your interview thing, so send me some questions! And thanks for the award :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Very Own World kit by Irene Alexeeva