My Catchphrases

Monday 26 July 2010

In My Mailbox #11

Hosted by the lovely Story Siren : D


I had a great haul from the library this week. The only problem I find when I borrow from the library is the time constraint, although I really want to read these books I don't like having to re-priorities my TBR pile to move them all to the top. Hey Hoe : D




Pop Princess by Rachel Cohn (30p in a charity shop)
Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld (30p I just couldn't leave it there)

I have a lovely book swapping chain happening at the moment with some of the lovely people I have got to know through RISI, it makes me all warm & fuzzy to share the book love : D



From the lovely people at Random House Children's Books (you guys can stalk me anytime, lol)


This is the fourth book in The Nicholas Flamel series, I have read the rest of the series and love the way it combines fantasy, reality, history and adventure. I am really looking forward to finding where this story is going to take us : D



Finally, finally Linger turned up at my doorstep on Friday : D Maggie if you look at my blog *in my dreams* how can you do this to me. I have to read this most awesome book in small chunks due to the emotion you have woven into the narrative, which hits me like a tidal wave as soon as I open the book. I turn each page with trepidation, my heart pounds with the tension. Maggie thank you for such a fantastic book *will now stop acting like teen fangirl : D*


Sorry the post is late this week but we went out for the day yesterday with the girlies and I forgot to schedule it. The Big Cheese Festival in Caerphilly. If anyone is wondering *like my hubs* why it is called The Big Cheese it is because Caerphilly is quite famous for its cheese : D J thought it was an actual cheese festival until I explained it to him *sniggers*



7 comments:

  1. Never bite a boy on the first date is good. I enjoyed that one. So many books this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy Linger (I know you've been desperatly waiting for it to arrive ;) ) It reminds me I really must read Shiver!

    Seeing Caerphilly Castle brings back memories - used to visit it so reguarly when I was younger, I hope you had a good day.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how jealous I am that you have Linger. I loved Shiver and desperately need to get back into that world again. Fabulous books on your list this week - hope you enjoy all your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! Those pictures are lovely! And that is a great pile of books! Thanks for sharing!

    Here is my IMM! I'm also hosing my first giveaway! Hope you can check it out!

    Happy Reading!
    The Unread Reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Demon's Covenant is really excellent and Numbers has some truly chilling moments... Looking forward to hearing what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab books Emma, I don't always go RISI but you seem to be having a fabulous time with it, lol! And of course, Linger gets its own picture :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep seeing the Zelah Green books around! I'm curious about them. What great books as always!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Very Own World kit by Irene Alexeeva