My Catchphrases

Saturday 17 July 2010

Saturday Spotlight: News

Apologies for the lack of consistency this week. It has been rather busy and emotional.

Firstly for those that don't know - plus I had the official letter this morning - I have a job : D

From September I will be a Middle Grade/Teen Librarian at a local Comprehensive School. I had the interview Tuesday. My first interview in 12 years. So you can guess how nervous I was. I had arranged to stay for the day and work in the library just for experience, I was told to go back to the office after 10 that morning and the decision would be put to the short-listed candidates. We were all in the office together. I think if I hadn't been chosen I would have burst into tears : D So that is the reason I haven't been about much this week. I have been back and for the library to get used to it and not feel overwhelmed in September. I am sure I will be a little overawed to start with but that is normal.


I also wanted to get used to dealing with the lunchtime rush to the library. Surprisingly it is used for otehr things than reading. I have already come across a young girl with food issues - she likes to hide her lunch among the bookcases (: So I have had to think of ways to tackle that problem. She already thinks I am strict and not nice : D

Plus this couldn't have come at a better time. It is a lifeline for our house, as my poor hubs has been unemployed for nearly 18 months now. It has really taken its toll on our family & relationship. So here is a wonderful opportunity to rebuild our lives : D

Secondly, it is asastars 8th Birthday today. I really don't know where it has gone. She had a birthday tea in the house last night and then 2 friends to sleepover. One of which went home at 10:45 as she wanted her Mum. You forget how little they really are.

So I would just like to wish my little/big girl a very Happy Birthday and tell her how much I love her and how proud I am that she is my daughter *sniff*.


I am hoping next week will be a bit more productive with regards to the blog : D Thank you for putting up with me *hugs you all*

8 comments:

  1. oh dont be silly sometimes life gets the better of us... we all suffer with it the bog is not always the top of your list!

    Happy Birthday Asastar I hope this day rocks for you

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congratulations... I'm insanely jealous of your new job, beats working in the well known high street store I earn a crust in! All the very best to the whole family...sounds like you deserve some great stuff x

    and happy Birthday to your daughter...they certainly look like they're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab news - I love school libraries and am often like a big kid in ours especially when all the carnegies come in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the job!!
    I'm sure you'll rock and won't be seen as strict!!
    Have a lovely Sunday!
    *hugs* Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the new job, I used to love my old school library :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the job! You'll be an awesome librarian!
    Happy Birthday to Asastar! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, congratulations. I'd love to find a job like that. I'm sure your love of books will come in really handy there! Good luck with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations again, I know you'll be awesome in your new job!

    And looks like asastar had a lovely birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Very Own World kit by Irene Alexeeva