My Catchphrases

Sunday 5 June 2011

In My Mailbox #18-11



In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren weekly to give thanks for all the amazing books that come through my door. I love books they make everything better [ : D ]


For Review:
I had to show you the shiny beautiful parcel these books arrived in [ : D ] 

 
(big girl has already read this one - trying to prise the review out of her)
 
(I spent the morning with the Lei (thanks Keris and Google) around my neck - shiny lip gloss on and eating the flake that was also included, big girl bribed with the twirl)


SQUEEEE
Finished copy:


Soundtrack being added to ipod as we speak

For Review:


My middle girl has been asking and asking for these books - I have never seen her so excited to read a book before. She begged me to request these for review promising reviews - how could I not. Plus these sound so good I am going to read them too.


Following our little upset at Hay with the big girl not being able to get anywhere near Jacqueline Wilson [ : ( ] I took the girls to Waterstones in Abergavenny. The staff there by the way are awesome, follow them on Twitter here
Well fatal flaw in that plan is the 3 for 2 offer - big girl ended up having 2 Jacqueline Wilson books to add to her collection while I had:

(heard such good things about this one already)

(been looking out for this one since seeing a fab review by Jenny at Wondrous Reads)


Plus I had to include a pic of my beautiful girls enjoying an ice-cream at the Hay Festival [ : D ]

Have a great week everyone and wish me luck with the Year 9 PSE lessons.

13 comments:

  1. Wait, it came with a soundtrack? That's something I haven't seen before. What's on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab books as always. wasn't the lula package awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The soundtrack is fabulous isn't it. I keep playing it in my car. I love the song Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree that the parcel of Lula books and goodies was awesome! My chocolate disappeared so fast(!) that I couldn't include it in my picture ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mailbox! I am so jealous you have a finished copy of Passion- can't wait to read that one! I need to finish Torment first though. Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set! Lula does the Hula sounds adorable. Lucky you for getting Passion.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really fancy "Huntress!...such a pretty cover!

    And a soundtrack? You KNOW you want to lend me that... :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ice cream and the Hay festival - lucky girls! :)

    It looks like you have some great books this week, enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huntress looks awesome.

    Also, that package looks so cool.

    Happy reading :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab books this week and the package looks lovely :D

    Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great book week this week Emma, I'm jealous of Huntress! Im looking forward to that on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO jealous you received Passion. Enjoy! And I just love that last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great books! I'm curious about what songs are on the soundtrack.

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Very Own World kit by Irene Alexeeva