My Catchphrases

Sunday 19 June 2011

In My Mailbox #20-12


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren in order to showcase the wonderful books bought/loaned/gifted/library or review copies. I love every single book that comes over my doorstep and love to share with fellow bloggers/friends and the pupils in school.


For Review:

( I wasn't expecting this so it came as a lovely surprise )

( I seriously think I am going to be scared stupid by this book but it set in Wales [ : D ] )

( another surprise but a great addition for the World War II project I have planned in school )

( after the brilliant review at Serendipity Reviews I wanted this for the school library - great resource for PSE lessons - I shall keep you informed )


Treated myself in Asda - can't resist the cover



For Review:

( Squeeeee - I read The Splendour Falls review here and loved it so looking forward to this one)


Swapped:

( I have had this on my wish-list for awhile but I can't remember where I first heard of it )



Won from Serendipity Reviews for the school library

( if you remember this was on my library wish-list post last week. I am so happy I can add it to the school library )


Gifted: finished copy by Keris Stainton

( review here - I was speechless to be included in the acknowledgements for doing absolutely nothing but read the book - I even had goosebumps lol. I am taking this into the school library to force all the pupils to read my name at the back [ : D ] )

I hope everyone has a fantastic week and has noticed the change of domain name to match the new image. I am so pleased with my layout and cannot wait until the amazing Lori  works her magic with the design.

Have a great week - *hugs*

16 comments:

  1. You need to tell me if Home For Peculiar Children and Texas Gothic live up to their hype. I absolutely love the look of them but I am also wary about hype-books!

    You're going to be a busy girl soon with all of your goodies! :) - Elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs Peregrine looks really good...beautiful book too! I really want to read Texas Gothic too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw that is fabulous you are in the back of Jessies. Well done hun. You deserve to be mentioned. I hope you enjoy The Worry Tree and An Act of Love too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection! I also have Miss Peregrine but I haven't got round to reading it just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Peregrine looks awesome, but it looks SO CREEPY! :L Congrats on getting your name in Jessie Hearts NYC, that must be awesome! :D Happy reading and I hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stack of books. I really enjoyed Darkness Becomes Her. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from Mid Wales! :)

    I've got a couple of books in my TBR pile set in Wales, I should really get around to reading them.

    It looks like you got some great books this week. Don't you just love suprise books?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have an awesome IMM this week! Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children sounds really interesting. :) Enjoy all your awesome reads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Peregrine's sounds rather creepy, I hope you enjoy!

    And congrats on the mention in Keris' book :D

    Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the Purple Blog Blub. I will teach you the secret handshake presently :) Glad you're back up and running!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so awesome your in the acknowledgements of Jessie Hearts NYC! I know that feeling though, I'm in the acknowledgements of Lisa Schroeders new book (The Day Before) and I was so excited that I had to text everyone I knew. Don't you just want to share the news with EVERYONE?! LOL.
    I have Miss Peregrines on it's way to me (to borrow) and I'm excited to give it a try. I'm a little scared too though!
    Enjoy all your awesome books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really want to read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children! It looks so interesting and creepy! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your new domain and your soon new layout!

    I want to read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, maybe I'll get it for next week. You got amazing books, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great books! I can't wait to read Peculiar Children but I know I'm going to be scared too. I was freaking out by some of the pictures!

    I really want to read An Act of Love but I don't think it is coming out in the states (if at all).


    Enjoy your new books!

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, youre in the Acknowledgements of Jessie?! Its my ambition to be in the acknowledgements of a book... hopefully soon! lol
    You really did get some awesome books this week. I want Miss Peregrine! I have heard great things!
    I hope you enjoy all your books! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many good books. I love Christopher Pike when I was a teenager, I remember doing my higher english one of his books. I am so excited about Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs and must get that. Well done on a great book week. x

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Very Own World kit by Irene Alexeeva