My Catchphrases

Saturday 18 June 2011

On My (Library) Wish-List





Title: Falling for Hamlet
Author: Michelle Ray
Publisher: Poppy
Publication Date: 4 Aug 2011

Synopsis: From Amazon

Meet Ophelia, high school senior, daughter of the Danish king's most trusted adviser, and longtime girlfriend of Prince Hamlet. She lives a glamorous life and has a royal social circle and her beautiful face is splashed across magazines and television screens. But it comes with a price.

Her life is dominated not only by Hamlet's fame and his overbearing royal family but also by the paparazzi who hound them wherever they go.

After the sudden and suspicious death of his father, the king, Hamlet spirals dangerously toward madness and Ophelia finds herself torn between loyalty to her boyfriend, her father, her country and her true self.

In this stunning contemporary retelling of Shakespeare's Hamlet from Ophelia's point of view, debut author Michelle Ray brilliantly weaves together old and new. Filled with drama, romance, tragedy, and humor, Fallling for Hamlet is a compulsively readable novel. And this time, Ophelia doesn't die. Take that, Hamlet!


I think this would make a fantastic addition to the school library.
What a great way to get pupils interested in Shakespeare. I want to read this one myself [ : D ]

Great review at Bloggers [heart] Books HERE



Title: The Taming of Lila May
Author: Vanessa Curtis
Publisher: Frances Lincoln Children's Books
Publication Date: 12 May 2011

Synopsis: From Amazon

Lilah's Anger Diary, March 26th Anger levels: 11/10 I'm Lilah May and I'm ANGRY. So angry that I'm about to be excluded from school, my parents can't control me, and only one person in the world understands me. And that's my best friend, Bindi. I haven't always been this way. It all started with my brother Jay. And what no one realises is that it's all my fault.


Again Jenny from Wondrous Reads wrote such an interesting review of this book, the subject matter of anger management is something that quite a few teens need to address. So this one is most definitely going on the school wish-list. Read Jenny’s review here.

2 comments:

  1. The girls and I were looking at the Lila May book today and nearly picked it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Taming of Lila May is on my wishlist too! It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Very Own World kit by Irene Alexeeva