My Catchphrases

Saturday 11 June 2011

On My (Library) WishList #3


This weeks library wish-list is brought to you via Jenny at Wondrous Reads where I found all of these books.


Title: Time Travel Bath Bomb
Series: Doctor Proctor’s Fart Powder
Author: Jo Nesbo
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Children’s Books
Publication Date: 28 April 2011

Synopsis: From Amazon

The Fart Powder was such a successful invention that Doctor Proctor couldn't stop there. Next up: a Time-travel Bath Bomb. Throw the Bath Bomb in the tub, lather up and imagine where you'd like to visit. The battle of Waterloo? No problem. The French Revolution? Let's go! Doctor Proctor has plans for this new invention. Years ago he lost his true love, Juliette Margarine, and now he wants to change the past and win her back. But when his plan goes awry, it's up to Nilly and Lisa to travel in time and save the day.


Fantastic review (here) at Wondrous Reads made my mind up to add this to the library wish list.


Title: An Act of Love
Author: Alan Gibbons
Publisher: Orion Children’s
Publication Date: 2 Jun 2011

Synopsis: From Amazon

Childhood friends Chris and Imran celebrate the Millenium as inseparable blood brothers, they are both seven years old. But by 2011 their lives have taken very different paths. One has joined the Army and served in Afghanistan, the other is a potential jihad recruit. They are no longer friends, and there are bitter wounds between them which remain unhealed. Will their childhood bond be strong enough to overcome an extremist plot? In a highly-charged, honest and life affirming story, told in flashback from both Chris and Imran's viewpoint, Alan Gibbon's cleverly explores the very real issue of terrorism that affects everyone today.

I am actually working on Year 9 PSE lessons for the next 2 weeks, current affairs and I chose Afghanistan, this book would be a great addition to the resources for these lessons.


Title: Naked
Author: Kevin Brooks
Publisher: Puffin
Publication Date: 6 Oct 2011
Synopsis: From Amazon

London, 1976: a summer of chaos, punk, love . . .and the boy they called Billy the Kid.

It was the summer of so many things. Heat and violence, love and hate, heaven and hell. It was the time I met William Bonney – the boy from Belfast known as Billy the Kid.
I’ve kept William’s secrets for a long time, but now things have changed and I have to tell the truth. But I can’t begin until I’ve told you about Curtis Ray. Hip, cool, rebellious Curtis Ray. Without Curtis,there wouldn’t be a story to tell.
It’s the story of our band, of life and death . . . and everything in between.

I saw the words punk music and immediately added it to my list. Thanks to Jenny for putting it on her Waiting on Wednesday post.

7 comments:

  1. I haven't drawn the winner of An Act Of Love yet, so I hope you win. Will keep my fingers crossed. Other than that I have an ARC copy but I don't think you can use that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An act of love was a really great book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Act of love is on my tbr list too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bath Bomb book sounds hilarious.

    My featured wish is Junonia by Kevin Henkes. Come see why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those sound interesting. Especially Naked. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An Act Of Love was brilliant! I hope you get it soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been trying to get hold of all Time Travel books after watching The Time Traveler's Wife. Thanks for bringing up An Act of Love, I do want to try it.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Kero

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs all images form the Very Own World kit by Irene Alexeeva